Do you only treat Athletes?
Yes. To be considered for treatment you must be one of the following:
- Training for a competition
- Actively participating in a sport
- Exercising at least twice a week
Do you specialize in any one type of Athlete or Sport?
No. We work with all types of Athletes whether they are elite, professional, or amateur. Percentagewise, we treat a high number of triathletes, duathletes, and runners. Also due to our proximity to multiple CrossFit gyms or "Boxes", we see numerous competing CrossFit athletes.
How is Athletes Only Performance Therapies different?
We are the only private performance-based practice in the state of Florida that exclusively treats Athletes. Our entire focus is your Sports Performance. Your goal is our goal, your new PR is our new PR. We use the same techniques and therapies used in professional and elite training rooms all over the world. We have worked with many of the the best athletes in the world and we know what it takes to keep you performing at your highest level. Our athlete-specific experience and performance focused training is the difference.
What can I expect during my first visit?
A one-on-one consultation with your Performance Therapy Physician. We will conduct a thorough examination of your musculoskeletal performance and gait, strength and stability, flexibility, and possible pain source. We will spend time getting to know you and your athletic goals, gathering all details of your injury or chronic condition, and discussing a treatment plan with specific recovery goals.
How soon will my treatment begin?
If it’s appropriate for your condition, treatment can begin immediately.
How are payment and insurance handled?
Payment is made directly to our office. We accept checks and all major credit cards. You are welcome to use funds from any of the following:
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Medical Savings Accounts (MSAs)
- Flexible Spending Arrangements (FSAs)
- Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs)
If you have health insurance, some of our services can be submitted and upon request we can prepare on of the following:
- A statement with Insurance coding for you to submit to your private insurance company for re-reimbursement.
- A statement with insurance coding so you can contact a medical billing professional to assist you in submitting your charges. We are happy to provide the contact information for a medical billing professional that Athletes have successfully used for their insurance needs.